Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Rainy Days

It's another rainy winter day here in Los Angeles. Mind you, I'm not complaining! Living in an arid city where the average annual rainfall is a mere 14.77 inches, has distinct advantages! (like Golf!)

I read this week that Miami Fl. is one of the wettest cities in the world. Far surpassing London and Seattle and other cities noted for their rainfall. Another reason on my list of 100,000 reason NOT to live in Florida!

In prayer this week, I don't seem to be able to get beyond the feeling of "obedience". It is the supreme quality in a man or woman that God looks for. It far surpasses talents and abilities. It even surpasses the important quality of willingness. I recall the messenger in the Old Testament, who was ready and eager to deliver a message, but arrived at his destination without one.

In our home bible study last Friday night we had a wonderful study on John the Baptist. He was God's messenger. Malachi prophesied long before John came.... "Malachi 3:1 (KJV)
1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

John came and boldly declared, "God's kingdom IS coming! Prepare YOURSELVES to be a part of it!" It's coming whether or not you believe in it, participate in it, like it, desire it or whatever! It's coming!

Kinda reminds me of OUR message! Jesus is coming! Ready or NOT!

Rainy or not!

No comments: