Thursday, February 7, 2008

Soul Talk

The biggest hindrance to our interaction with the spiritual realm is our own emotion.
We are so led by our emotions that we sometimes cannot be led by the spirit.
In short, if we don't feel it, it must not be real!
If we don't feel it, it must not be right!
Our best worship comes when our emotions are awakened.
But God is still just as much God, when I'm not feeling anything.
Our greatest miracles happen when we are feeling the buzz of anointing.
Yet I have learned to my surprise that as long as I am walking in righteousness, the anointing is upon me.
It's on me whether I feel it or not.
I have obligatorily prayed for people, not feeling anything, except maybe tired. I have been shocked when they started rejoicing over a healing, a miracle!
And why not? God is still God!
He is the healer. I am the tool.
Does the hammer have to feel, in order to work?

This entire chain of thought began as I sat in a service recently. Inwardly I was in complaint mode. The songs were NOT to my liking. The service leader was a dead as they get. I was feeling that this service was a waste of time.
About that time, God began moving through the audience in a special way.
I felt Him saying into my spirit, you let your emotions keep you from too many moves of my spirit.

The book of Hebrews comes to mind: Hebrews 4:12 (KJV)
12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

The Word of God can separate the soul and spirit! The soul is the connecting port that I have to reach God. The spirit is the house my emotions live in. They are separate!

God, teach me thy ways!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Enjoyed reading this post today--especially today for it resonated with my own soul and thinking.

Thank you. Blessings to all of you.

shirley Buxton
www.shirleybuxton.wordpress.com