Sunday, February 24, 2008

Do we deal with Symptoms or the Problem?

I've been down with a bad case of the flu. It started early this past week and just would not let up. It allowed me to spend more time than I like in bed with a couple of books and all the hot tea I could drink.

Oh well, I'm feeling a lot better this morning and looking forward to worshiping the Lord in Spirit and in Truth!

Talking with someone about my illness this morning as I went to my customary Sunday morning cafe, they asked what I was doing about my flu.

I told them I was taking Day care, tylenol and claritin. The man responded, "oh, so you are just dealing with the symptoms, you aren't doing anything to get rid of the flu!"

I have been thinking about that. How many times in life, do we just deal with "symptoms". We wait and hope that father time will treat the problem and make it go away, while we just treat "symptoms".

How many are dealing with sin that way? They aren't desperate enough to address the issue, they are content to just deal with the symptoms.

2 comments:

Just a thought said...

Ah, to deal with the problem!!
First you must be will to acknowledge that I have the flu! Oh no, I don’t have the flu it’s just a little cold! (?) The flu? No, No it is just my sinuses acting up some, which is what has upset my stomach.
YES. The most important point, to me, is the acknowledgment that I do have a problem. When I come to that point, then I am ready to allow someone or something, JESUS, to affect my life.
Mervi
http://passthisway.blogspot.com/

Christy the poet said...

i hope you are feeling much better. and if it was my grandpa at fiddlers...that sounds like something he would say.