Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Thank God for LIFE!

I'm ALIVE! I woke up this morning thankful to be alive. Not really for any dramatic reason. There were no close calls on my life (that I'm aware of anyway.) I'm just thankful for the life that God has given to me. It's not a perfect life. I don't have everything I wish I could have. But it's my life, and I'm thankful today!

Psalm 139:14 - I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

I will acknowledge my source of life today! Jesus!
John 1:4 - In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

When Jesus came He had something mentioned here that He has shared with man. This is his gift for us.

· LIFE

There are three aspects of life that Jesus gave to man.

1. Physical Life – Because he is creator, He has given you and every other individual “life”. If for no other reason, we should be indebted to Christ!

2. Eternal Life – Jesus came to earth with eternal life. He came to live a perfect life and then to die in our places for our sins.
John 3:14-18 - And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: [15] That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. [16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. [17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
[18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

3. Abundant Life

John 10:10 - The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Jesus not only came to give you eternal life, but He came to give you abundant life, right now.

Every person ever born receives the first gift, Physical life.

Some go on to receive the second gift, Eternal life.

Then there are some who learn to live an Abundant life!

No comments: