Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Weekend Reflections

I woke up this morning feeling that something was wrong. Then I realized that I was in our motorhome rather than our landhome. We arrived in Antioch Ca this morning about 1:35 after a long drive up interstate 5. We are in Antioch to meet up with my family for Thanksgiving!

Yesterday we buried Clayton Keene at the Forest Lawn in Hollywood Hills. Officiating a funeral always puts me in a little more somber mood than usual. I think of how quickly life passes by. It seems just yesterday that Clayton was excited because he had retired from truck driving. Just a few feet away we saw the grave of Liberace of piano fame. It made me relect that no matter who you are, how much you have or what you accomplish, at the end you cannot take it with you, and you must go.

1 comment:

Bowas said...

Well, here I am sitting in a motel in San Diego with nothing to do but wait until 12:30 when my beautiful bride and I will politely and quitely, slowly make the long arguous journey down the dreary road and take our rightful postion on our CRUISE TO ACULPOLO!! WOO-HOO!!!