Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Oh, that I may know Him!

I have started this blog as a result of a challenge. I'm taking a course in ministering to the emerging culture for my M Div program. Dr. Earl Creps challenged us today to find creative ways to reach this emergent hyper-modern culture and spread the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I've always been partial to this story in Luke's gospel. It tells about two dejected and frustrated disciples headed home after a weekend that saw the shattering of their dreams.

They were so absorbed in their own emotional pits, that they failed to recognize Jesus as He joined their 7 mile walk home. They invited Him to stay and break bread and finally at the end of their day, they saw HIM!

"Did not our hearts burn within us?" Holy heartburn is not enough! I want to KNOW HIM!

No comments: